We use Citrix XenApp and want to manually update our read only VDisk but do not want to get prompted to update Mozilla every time a browser page is launched once out of sync with the current version of Mozilla. We have modified tools > Options >advanced > never check for updates, but this seems to not work for us. Users are still getting prompted. Is there any way I can suppress this at a lower level? We will updated Mozilla soon after release, but our roll-out schedule is not always in line with your release. We just trying to make a smoother end user experience for everyone.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.04
- Citrix Offline Plug-in Mozilla Plug-in (Win32)
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Hi catalyst72, Are the preferences locked on all of the Firefox installations? There is a way to lock the user preferences file to make sure.
Locked Preferences file https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-to-fix-preferences-wont-save#w_l...
The About Firefox page has an embedded button for checking for updates. Preventing this may be tricky.
In about:config check the settings for these preferences: