how do i sign in
I created a sync account before i was to reinstall and reformat my MacBook. And made sure so all data was synced.
Now i have downloaded Firefox, but i don't understand where to sign in...? When i go to preferences its ask about other devices. I only have my MacBook.
I saved all sites and passwords in that sync account, how do i sign in and restore everything?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Provides information about the default web browser
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Nexus Plugin, providing authentication and signing features
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Did you make a backup copy of the Sync (recovery) key?
You can't access data stored on the Sync server without having the Sync key as this key is used locally to encrypt your personal data before sending it to the server.
It is possible the get a new password for the Sync account in case you have forgotten it, but the Sync key is essential.
If you have a backup copy of your previous setup the includes the Firefox profile folder then you can try to restore this data that way.
- /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/<profile>/
Note that in Mac OS X v10.7 and later, the ~/Library folder is a hidden folder.
Thanks for answer anyway, so essentially my data is lost now?
I didn't got any info of a recovery key when i signed up for sync... I only wanted to sync bookmarks etc in my firefox, I didn't expect it to be rocket science to do such a simple thing.
Must be the most user unfriendly function i have came across the last years this.