Startup Page has been hijacked by QVO6? Please help...
So whenever I start my FF I get this >> http://www.qvo6.com/?utm_source=b&utm_medium=vtt&from=vtt&uid=FUJITSUXMHZ2250BHXG1_K61DT892850ST892850SX&ts=1372409572 << I have set up my start-up page as my home page but then also it's not working. However, when i press my "home button" I get Google. But not when I start FF. I have removed suspicious adds-on and extensions and uninstalled QVO6 from control panel but the problem is still there. PLEASE HELP ME!
Additional System Details
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- Picasa plugin
- Facebook Desktop Plugin
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Hello Blaze57, try to resets your search preferences and home page to their default values with the next add-on : SearchReset (the add-on backs up and then resets your search preferences and home page to their default values, and then uninstalls itself)
Some wal-ware will change your settings (home page, new tab, search) and hang around to keep them changed. Check out your Control Panel > Programs and Features. See if there is something you don't know about.
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
If you do not keep changes after a restart or otherwise have problems with preferences, see:
Qvo6 also hijacks your web browser shortcuts so that the Qvo6.com home page will open when you start your web browser in a certain way.
Remove the qvo6.com argument manually or use Shortcut Cleaner. Have a read here:
Moderator removed link that promoted a download of paid removal software. Please read the Forum rules and guidelines and the message that was sent to you, thanks.
Modified by Shawn