Is there a way to refresh RealDownload without shuting down firefox and starting over?
As I am going through videos deciding which one to download then downloading some then all of a sudden without any notice RealDownloader will stop showing up, either in the "download this video" pop-up or if I right click. I've checked the add-ons to see if it is activated and it is. The only way I can restart it is to shut down firefox and start it back up. So I was wondering if there is a way to restart an add-on without a firefox restart.
I am using the free version of Real Player with RealDownloader installed with it. All my programs are kept up to date and I check every so often (like at least once a month) to be sure they are.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
Thank you for contacting support, we are happy to help.
This is a previous question with a solution for Firefox version 22, though it looks like it has not been updated.https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/que.../964385
Refer for further reading: https://realnetworks.zendesk.com/entr.../23689856-Download-This-Video-option-does-not-appear
But looking at the support of the extension, the provider might have blocked it if the plug in continues not to work after restarting Firefox: Reference: https://realnetworks.zendesk.com/entr.../24062683-Unable-to-download-videos-with-RealDownloader
Please contact the developer of the extension for further troubleshooting.
Modified by guigs