set default screen size
when FFX launches it defaults to a screen size smaller then I'd like for default. Is there a way to change this? I run it on an external 24" screen of an MBA running 10.7.5
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.04
- thinkorswim loader
- thinkDesktop configuration loader
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 204
- doubleTwist Web Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Thank you for contacting Mozilla Support. That does sound frustrating. After doing some searching on our support site I've found that if you EXIT Firefox, the window will return to the same position it was in at the START of the last session. If you CLOSE Firefox it will save the position it was in at the END of the last session.
Please let us know if this solves your problem.
dunno which FFX you have, but in any case mine is v26 for OSX. There is no CLOSE nor EXIT in my menus. Picts attached.
You are correct. For OSX it's Quit Firefox the window will return to the same position it was in at the START of the last session. If you use File > Close Window, Firefox will save the position it was in at the END of the last session.
nope, close window doesn't work for me either. When I relaunch it opens in the preset.
I reset the screen size preference to "Maximize" and then "Apply." Deciding that large a view was unusable, I tried to reset it back to "Normal Screen." Now Google just defaults back to Maximum size no matter how many times I try to reset back to "Normal size." My desktop view is normal, but when I launch Google/Firefox its back to huge size, and I can't down size it!
glminaustin created a new thread, so please continue there
I have no idea what I did, but it works the way I'd like it to now.