how can I change home page setting
My home is somehow locked on yahoo as its home page. This happened after a technician needed my computer to work on Xfinity to give be wireless in my new home. I have know idea what to do, and I tried the steps you list in trouble shooting and they did not help.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Sorry my English!! I hope you can understand
Go to the url bar and type "about:config" press Enter two times. In bar locate, type "browser.startup.homepage", in this option click with right button of mouse and click on "restore default"
You can use the SearchReset extension to reset some preferences to the default values.
Note that the SearchReset extension only runs once and then uninstalls automatically, so it won't show on the "Firefox > Add-ons" page (about:addons).
- Tools > Options > General > Startup: Home page
If you do not keep changes after a restart or otherwise have problems with preferences, see: