Why am I unable to view my SEARCH HISTORY, despite my privacy settings being correct?
This answer https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-recent-searches-search-bar suggests clicking in the search input field and using the down arrow to see a list of your search history. When I do this there is no list. I do not have Private Browsing selected in my privacy settings and I have checked the option for Remember Search and Form history.
This is not a question about browsing history, I'm only concerned with SEARCH history - I want to be able to see a list of words or phrases that I have typed into the search bar.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.206
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
Type a letter in the search field to see your search history that starts with that letter. There is no way to view the entire cache of search history otherwise.
You can try to inspect the searchbar-history via this extension
- Form History Control: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/form-history-control/