How to Uninstall firefox 3.6.25 with Firefox 25.01 is installed?
I found the 3.6.25 version under the startup menu and cannot figure out how to uninstall it. it is not in the control panel add/remove, only one from add/remove is version 25 and I dont want that removed. i have even gone into regedit but no uninstall was found for that version which makes me more uncomfortable. I need help, Thanks!
OS: Windows XP 64bit
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20111212 Firefox/3.6.25 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
can you open the 3.6.25 version? If yes search your Mozilla folder in the roaming folder (you can find it by typing %appdata% in the search bar of Windows). If there are 2 Firefox folders in the Mozilla folder delete the older one (its the 3.6.25).
Do not hesitate to contact us further.
Is that really a Firefox 3.6.25 version or is only the user agent corrupted?
You can check the real version in the Help > About window.
You can check for problems caused by a possibly corrupted user agent, see: