Firefox crashes when I play a game in Facebook
I keep getting error message "The adobe flash plugin has crashed". I have follow all of the help categories in Mozilla Support but have tried for weeks to try and figure out my problem. I have tried safe mode and disabling some of the add ons. These are my last five crash reports sent:
Crash ID: bp-43c2eea1-d350-413d-8fad-0f8182131201 Crash ID: bp-563c532a-2d5d-4795-a15f-435dc2131201 Crash ID: bp-d36f34e0-5120-4fa2-98b0-7356c2131126 Crash ID: bp-62c9442a-937b-41f4-af62-8e0842131124 Crash ID: bp-98d03496-abcf-46d3-8cd9-57fef2131122
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- Coupons Inc., Coupon Printing FireFox Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
Try disabling graphics hardware acceleration. Since this feature was added to Firefox, it has gradually improved, but there still are a few glitches.
You might need to restart Firefox in order for this to take effect, so save all work first (e.g., mail you are composing, online documents you're editing, etc.).
Then perform these steps:
- Click the orange Firefox button at the top left, then select the "Options" button, or, if there is no Firefox button at the top, go to Tools > Options.
- In the Firefox options window click the Advanced tab, then select "General".
- In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
- Now, restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.
Additionally, please check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in the following Knowledge base articles:
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Hi & thanks~ I use water fox version, tools rn't quite in that order. (NK, I need steps like a baby, I UNINSTALLED a program on our OLD pc-note I said 'OLD', it croaked, had to factory restore another 1 also!!) -I updated Norton Mid Jan, near a month- I get that long gray box '....you can continue 2 c if it loads or..stop.' - several xx's daily. It's a PITA & I've asked in forums but it's pig latin to me. Is Java the same as adobe? Flash? What really should I have, or NEED? if you have time... I have HP p-7-1226s(model), Intel & Core i3-2130CPU@3.40 GHz; 6 GB RAM, 64 bit Op Sys & a PC 'Dummy' that runs it. Any help will-help!
(the main is re: flash ish, & whether or not I have to UNinstall to UPdate waterfox-)
THANK YOU MUCH!
Modified by gram2many