How do I get rid of the wide side bar titled "Related Searches"
I had the same problem described by a user called "barbnlon". I noticed it was not completely solved but a workaround was suggested. Anyway, I think I found the simple solution and thought that it might be useful to others!
The solution can be found if you simply click on the blue "T" at the top left corner of the bar. They're kind enough to let you know how to uninstall the program if you do not wish to have it. It is simply called "Outbox". Remove "outbox" (Control panel -> Add/Remove Programs, or just Programs, depending on Windows version). Reboot your PC and the bar disappears.
Hope this helps.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- Nexus Personal Plug-Ins
- PlayStation(R)Network Downloader Check Plug-in
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
Thanks for the information Omar.
I have cross linked it with the other archived thread about toolbars, sidebar T Related Searches, conduit & Topic Torch see /questions/956223#answer-475572