Getting flags to update to Firefox 25.01, but there is nothing confirming that on the web site.
I keep getting a flag to update to Firefox25.01. I find nothing in the web site confirming this update. The problem started right after I enabled FIPS.
Firefox 25.0 HP Pavillion dv6, i5-2450M CPU, 16Gig RAM, 64-bit, no pen or touch display, Win 7 Ultimate/SP1, up to date as of 11/20/2013
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- HP Pit Plugin
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- HP Active Check Plugin
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1689
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
hello ReisEvans, yes a security update to firefox 25.0.1 is available since a few days: https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/25.0.1/releasenotes/
you're always on the save side when you set firefox to update automatically under options > advanced > update or manually initiate a check for updates in firefox > help > about firefox.
Is there a real requirement to enable FIPS mode because doing that can cause a lot of issues with servers that aren't supporting FIPS (i.e use ciphers that are not enabled in FIPS mode)?
Unfortunately the only way to leave FIPS mode is to delete the signons.sqlite and key3.db file and you lose all saved passwords, so make a note of them.