I'd like to prevent Firefox from remembering login data. Specifically, my login name for Websites. When I go to eBay, for example, and start to type-in my username, Firefox suggests the proper name, signifying that it's stored somewhere. I know the login info can be cleared, but can it be prevented from saving in the first place?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Hello, You can do this by going to the preferences and selection an option to not remember the form and search history. The navigation path is Firefox -> Preferences -> Privacy and uncheck the 'Remember my search and form history' option. This will prevent Firefox from remembering your login data.
I have also attached a screenshot of the preference window. Please check this and let us know if it has helped to solve your query.
Use these steps to remove saved (form) data from a drop-down list:
- click the (empty) input field on the web page to open the drop-down list
- highlight an entry in the drop-down list
- press the Delete key (on Mac: Shift+Delete) to remove it.
When the Firefox Password Manager is disabled then Firefox may be storing the user name (but not the password) as saved form data.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": "Remember search and form history"
Hi, and thanks for the tip, but evidently my 25.0.1 version of Firefox is different. Instead of Firefox/Preferences, I have Tools/Options and a much simpler screen (attached). I must be missing something here.
To see all History and Cookie settings, choose:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
Thanks, cor-el; found it, removed the check. I'm trusting that will take care of the problem. Again, thanks to all.