I'd like to prevent Firefox from remembering login data. Specifically, my login name for Websites. When I go to eBay, for example, and start to type-in my username, Firefox suggests the proper name, signifying that it's stored somewhere. I know the login info can be cleared, but can it be prevented from saving in the first place?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Hello, You can do this by going to the preferences and selection an option to not remember the form and search history. The navigation path is Firefox -> Preferences -> Privacy and uncheck the 'Remember my search and form history' option. This will prevent Firefox from remembering your login data.
I have also attached a screenshot of the preference window. Please check this and let us know if it has helped to solve your query.
Use these steps to remove saved (form) data from a drop-down list:
- click the (empty) input field on the web page to open the drop-down list
- highlight an entry in the drop-down list
- press the Delete key (on Mac: Shift+Delete) to remove it.
When the Firefox Password Manager is disabled then Firefox may be storing the user name (but not the password) as saved form data.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": "Remember search and form history"
Hi, and thanks for the tip, but evidently my 25.0.1 version of Firefox is different. Instead of Firefox/Preferences, I have Tools/Options and a much simpler screen (attached). I must be missing something here.
To see all History and Cookie settings, choose:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
Thanks, cor-el; found it, removed the check. I'm trusting that will take care of the problem. Again, thanks to all.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.