Certain websites not working properly after resetting Firefox
So a few days ago I was plagued with the Conduit search protect issue that I know a few people have had and thanks to a few things, I was able to get rid of it. However, in order to completely remove it from Firefox, I had to reset Firefox. I've for the most part gotten everything back to where I had it, but for whatever reason, I've noticed a few problems.
For example, on Dailymotion, the Age Gate button appears but I can't click it as if it was a still image on the page. On Instagram, I can't even load anything after log in and just get a blank page. I also had one video player (unsure of what it is, but it's that gray generic one with the triangle black play button) not let me press any of the controls.
I loaded up Firefox in safe mode and got the Dailymotion button to start working, but disabling my add ons manually did not fix this problem. The other Instagram issue is also still there in safe mode.
I have no idea what to do to get everything to work again and wish I didn't reset Firefox now since I can't seem to find what the problem is.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window.
Did you make any changes to settings in the Options window?
1. I did Safe Mode prior to posting this. The dailymotion issue was fixed, but instagram was not. However, I manually turned add ons off and this Dailymotion issue was not fixed.
2. I am using the default theme as my everyday theme.
3. I don't believe I made any changes to settings in Options other than my home page and changing "New Tab" to blank in about:config
To add to this now, Twitch.tv won't properly load for me either. I really don't want to have to redo even more but I'm not sure what else I can do at this point.
One final point: I tried to downgrade FireFox to an older version to see what would happen and the problems are still there.
This may help actually: These problems also show up in Internet Explorer and Chrome as well
Boot the computer in Windows Safe Mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
Hey lonewolf I had similar problems as well, but I just solved it and figured I should share (even though it's already a year late). I think after resetting everything your connection settings also somehow got changed. So what you do is you go to the Firefox button and click "Options". Go to the Advanced settings and click on the Network tab, and click the "Settings" button under Connection. Set the connection to "No Proxy". As soon as I did this, I can load pages like Facebook normally again. If this doesn't work, try choosing the other options, but alas, if that doesn't work too, I have no idea what the problem is. Well, I hope my experience helps you!