my bookmarks have disappeared
I did a Reset Firefox since I was continuously having slow and crashing problems. The site assured me that it would keep my Bookmarks. This a.m. I tried to pull up a Bookmark and found that ALL are gone! I can't find the folder that was supposed to have held all the deletions in case I wanted to restore any of them. I checked your site to see how to do a restore from a backup and, since I am definitely NOT a computer nerd, I didn't understand the instructions. PLEASE can someone help this inept computer operator to get Bookmarks back? Thanks!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Catalina Savings Printer
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
Firefox automatically creates backups of your bookmarks, which can be helpful if your bookmarks are lost or missing. To recover them, follow the instructions below.
- Use one of these methods to open the Bookmarks Library window:
- Click the Firefox button to open the menu and click on Bookmarks.
- Click the Bookmarks menu and click on Show All Bookmarks.
- At the top of the Library window, click the "Import and Backup" menu and select Restore.
- Click the date of the bookmark backup you want to recover.
- In the new window that appears, click OK.
- Your bookmarks from the selected date should now be restored.
For more information, see the Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer article. For other solutions, see the Recover lost or missing Bookmarks article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
The Reset feature creates and fills a folder on the Windows desktop named Old Firefox Data. "Restore" from that folder.
I think I said in my question that I already tried that! Thanks for repeating the info that I already knew -- it still doesn't work. It pulls up 2 dates (yesterday and the day before) and each one only says there are 5 items. When I do the import/export and then go back to Firefox and try to pull up bookmarks, all I get is the original menu and it does not go to actual bookmarks, nor does it show any when I click on show bookmarks. Guess I'll just have to start over - and this time I'll probably use a different browser since I can't depend on what Firefox Mozilla says in its help info. Thanks anyway.
I already said in my question that I couldn't find that folder. My computer is not recognizing that as a folder in the system even when I use the "search" option on the bottom of the start menu. Thanks for trying, though.