How do I empty my cache when I can't even find it?
I belong to Hallmark for the purpose of sending ecards. They recently changed their format - completely. It won't let me send any cards. I sent them an email about this, and they said I had to empty my caches first to see if that helped. Well, I used to be able to find the cache, but I can't anymore, unless history= cache. But I'm not going to go dumping anything until I know what it is. Please help this techno-peasant.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back soon.
You can find the current cache usage on the about:cache page.
You can clear the cache and specific cookies in these locations:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Note that Firefox will disable the disk cache if you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" to clear the cache.