WordPress is causing a Not Responding in FireFox 25
Since we've had the update from FireFox 24 to version 25 we have found a lot of problems with WordPress websites that we run.
When you go into the back-end and go to make ANY changes in FireFox 25 one of two things happen. 1. FireFox says Not responding and takes a long time to stop "Not Responding" or 2. It crashes and we have to start all over again.
We did not have any of these problems with FireFox 24.
Now on the other hand it could be the new version of WordPress itself 3.71 as this has also just been updated just recently.
The front end of the WordPress websites works just fine, it is just moving around in the back-end that is causing the problem.
If we change and use Chrome or (dare I type it IE10) we done seem to have the problem, but I like FireFox.
Has anybody out there got any thoughts or Ideas.
Kind regards John
Additional System Details
- LastPass Plugin
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Rich Internet Application Support - Plugin
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
Can you try a clean profile and see if that works, if that works, you can exclude a firefox bug (maybe also reinstalling, but dont do that yet).
Hi there and thank you, it has worked, but how do I get me bookmarks back?
You can use the below article to get stuff from the old profile, including bookmarks.
Did you try Safe Mode in the old profile?
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window.
thank you guys for taking the time to help with this problem. It's really much appreciated.
The only thing I should have done is back up my bookmarks before I went ahead and followed the procedure. Proves you should read things through before doing. Luckily, I had an old copy of my Firefox bookmarks.
Kind regards John