I have Windows 8.1 and my Firefox bookmarks tend to disappear; I can't restore, import or add new bookmarks. Can this be fixed, and if so, how??
I have already tried a clean unistall and downloading the program anew. I have made sure the firewall (Defender) allows Firefox. Firefox worked for two months on my new computer with Windows 8 before I started having problems. I was hoping 8.1 would fix the problem, but no such luck.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
hello 43kogjvdl94, maybe the file in your profile that holds your bookmarks and history got corrupted. maybe try to rename/delete it so that it will be regenerated (please make a backup first before you proceed): go to firefox > help > troubleshooting information, click on profile folder/show folder and close all firefox windows afterwards. a windows explorer window should open up - in there rename the file named places.sqlite - and restart firefox again. your history will be gone, but you should be able to restore your bookmarks through the bookmarks library > import & backup > restore...