ZTE Mail app no longer working
I've used the e-mail app successfully for most of the time I've had my ZTE. In the last two weeks it stopped working. It displays all the messages in my inbox, but when I tap on a message it hangs and I get the eternal blue arrow circling.
Yes, I have restarted, I have taken the battery, the SD card and the SIM card out to reset the device. And, yes, I have devolved and installed the older version of the OS from the ZTE download site.
Does anyone know what's going on?
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9) AppleWebKit/537.71 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Safari/537.71
I'm going to suggest removing the account from the email app and then reboot the device and adding it back. Also, are you connecting to the email app via mobile data or Wifi? If mobile data, check to see if websites are loading, if wifi, make sure that you have a strong internet connection.
Thanks for choosing Firefox OS!
Thanks Andrew, but that didn't make any difference. I tried to switch from secure IMAP to simple IMAP, no dice there either. The strange thing is that it used to work just fine. Then it started acting up and rebooting would fix that. Now it doesn't work at all.
Obviously the IMAP connection works because all my mailboxes and the messages in them show up. It's just when I tap on a message to read it that the app fails.
Thank you for contacting Mozilla Support! This is the last resort I could only thing of is to reset the device.
Warning: Resetting your phone will delete all data stored on the device, including apps, calendar data, email accounts, and settings.
To reset the device, follow these instructions:
- Open the Settings application.
- Tap on the Device Information button.
- Tap on the More Information button.
- Tap on the Reset phone button.
- Tap OK to continue or Cancel to cancel.
We hope that this fixed the issue you were having. Please report back to us if this helped!
Sorry to hear email isn't working for you now. Are you using gmail by chance? I had another report of this last week for gmail on the developer list, so that is why I ask. Thanks for letting me know a bit more detail.
Hi Michelle, No, I'm not using gmail. It used to work with gmail, but I stopped using that. Right now it's a simple IMAP account though my web hosting company. As I said, the phone connects to the account, shows all the folders and the messages in the folders. It just doesn't display the actual message when I tap on it. Michael
Oddly enough, it started working again. No reason, no change, but the last time I tried, the message displayed just fine. Go figure.
Well it worked for about five minutes. Since then I haven't been able to read my emails. I played around with IMAP port settings, but only the default settings connect to my email account and then I can't read the messages. Is this something that will be address in v 1.1? When is that coming out for the ZTE?
I have the same problem with my smartphone: Alcatel One Touch Fire with Firefox OS Vers. 1.1
The email App worked perfect for weeks. Suddenly the synchronisation to my provider doesn't work.
And I have found a solution! I received an email that makes the problem. In the email App you can see the last correct Mail. And the next email makes the trouble.
I have deleted only this email at the IMAP-Account of my provider. And now the email app is working normally.
In the moment, I do not know, what is speciality in the email which makes the trouble. If I get more information I will post it.
I have additional information about the email, which makes the problem:
It is an email with an attachment. This attachment is produced with Libre Office version 4.03.3. It is a text document which is stored with the following format "Microsoft Word97/2000/XP/2003 (.doc)".
The first mail I received was send by Arcor with Webmailer. Now I can produce this error also with Freenet (also Webmailer).