Can you organize bookmarks or make folders with Firefox for mobile device? Android
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Mobile; rv:25.0) Gecko/25.0 Firefox/25.0
No this is not currently possible. But you can sync your desktop bookmarks onto your phone and the folder structure there will be preserved.
I hope that helps.
I don't understand why you are not offering this feature. I was considering switching from Dolphin but as soon as I realized you can't create folders, I changed my mind.
I use Firefox on my PC and my bookmarks file is large. I tried syncing it but the "folder structure" was NOT preserved. I ended up with a mess of folders plus a lot of individual sites in no particular order. I had to un-sync on my PC and then delete all the data from the tablet.
I don't see why anyone would give up Dolphin and move to Firefox for Android until you can offer some way of organizing bookmarks.
Thanks for the feedback. I agree that bookmark folder management on Firefox for Android would be a great feature.
If you get a chance please also post your comments at the link below. This will automatically route to the correct team so that they will see your feedback.
I had a similar problem and tried Sync. It didn't help much. So I experimented.
This works pc to phone, I don't know the other direction.
- On your desktop computer save all your bookmarks as an HTML file.
- Open the HTML file in any editor that supports links (even MS Word).
- Scroll through and delete everything you don't want.
- If you want to add text do so.
- Save the result as an HTML file.
- Use whatever method you have to move or copy the file to your phone.
- Select the file and choose to open with Firefox.
Now all your links are available, sectioned off as you desire, can be activated as links, and then saved as regular bookmarks if you wish.
A moderate pain in the butt, but that's what we get when we expect a small minimalist slab of metal to act like a BIG computer.