How can I change the find function so that it "IS" shared between tabs?
In the notes about what changed in Firefox 25 is this: "The find bar is no longer shared between tabs." I use the find function all day every day and absolutely need the find bar "to be shared" between tabs. How can I change the function back to how it worked before? This new change in version 25 will cost me hours of search time everyday.
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Version 188.8.131.5256
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- Picasa plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
This function is no longer officially in Firefox, however this addon replaces it: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/find-in-tabs
Hope this helps!
- FindBar Tweak: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/findbar-tweak/
Cyborg's suggestion is listed as not available in FF25 and Cor-El's suggestion only restores the "shared between tabs" functionality if you don't use a new search term in one of the tabs. In my opinion, "shared" and "not shared" should have become an option, not a requirement
The people who answer questions here, for the most part, are other Firefox users volunteering their time (like me), not Mozilla employees or Firefox developers.
If you want to leave feedback for Firefox developers, you can go to the Firefox Help menu and select Submit Feedback... or use this link. (You'll need to be on the latest version of Firefox to submit feedback). Your feedback gets collected at http://input.mozilla.org/, where a team of people read it and gather data about the most common issues.
Try this addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/globalfindbar/