backup browsing history
I need to disable the option to delete the browsing history on our company computers. It was very easy to do in Internet Explorer, but i cannot find a solution for FireFox.
Additional System Details
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1243
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
Go in menu->settings->settings->select the tab "Privacy" and here in History select "Remember history". See also the screenshot
this is already set this way. I need to make it so that the user cannot delete the history if/when they are viewing personal items on company time.
Check it here ..
You can't disable this in Firefox. There are a lot of ways to delete the history and deleting the places.sqlite file file in the Firefox profile folder will remove all history anyway. You will have to use other means at the OS level if you want a record of visited websites that covers all browser. I would assume that you could even delete the IE history files if you have write access to the location that stores the IE history.