I cant uninstall firefox, when I try to install a new version from the mozilla site, it will not install. If I try to use firefox I get a fix my slow pc option and a webaddress called flipora> your suggestions below dont work either!
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
What happens if you try to drag the Firefox application to the trash?
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then best is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox application and save the disk image file to the desktop
- Firefox 24.0: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application (open the Applications folder in the Finder and drag the Firefox application to the Trash) to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your personal data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data when you uninstall and (re)install Firefox.
tried dragging to trash, when i reinstall it still comes up as flipora
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from an existing profile to the new profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over the problem.
Hi Cor-el I do not have a profile currently, does this matter??
Firefox always has a "Profile", and if the user deleted the Profile Firefox will automatically create a new Profile on the next launch.
You can use this button to go to the current Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
I cant find my profile directory it is in neither of the places suggested
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.