When I logged on to Firefox I noticed that today and tomorrow aniweather is missing from its spot next to Help. What has happened to it was missing from
Aniweather is missing from the tool bar that has File Edit View History Bookmarks Tools Help. What happened to it? How do I retrieve it? Have I been compromised?
Additional System Details
- Conduit Plugin
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
Does this add-on still appear in the add-on manager?
If not, please redownload it from here.
If the add-on still appears in the add-on manager, please try the following:
- Right click on an empty area in the tab bar
- Select Customize.. from the drop-down
- Drag and drop the AniWeather item to a spot on a Firefox toolbar
- Click Ok
Please report back soon.
I too have the same problem but I am unable to drag the icon to the toolbar!
See if anything here helps:
AniWeather is configured from a webpage, not from within Firefox.
Problem: How can I launch the configuration page?
Solutions: AniWeather uses a web based configuration system for enhanced user experience and timely update. In order to launch the configuration page:
1. Firefox: From menu "Tools/Add-ons/Extensions/AniWeather/Options". 2. In both Firefox and Chrome: after you launch the 5-day animation report, there is a "Setting" button on the left-bottom corner of the animation screen. Click the button to navigate to the configuration page.
I can open the options preferences but am unable to launch the 5 day report!
In that case contact AniWeather support for further help with their extension.
I would if I could!! I have already tried to send an email but it was returned as undeliverable!!! any ideas how to contact them?
Did you try the email address on that Q&A page?
contact AT aniweather.com
Beyond that I don't know how to contact them. Based upon recent user reviews of that extension - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/aniweather/reviews/ - looks like it's been broken since Firefox 23, like almost 12 weeks now.
I have contacted the AniWeather support email. It was successful with sending. I will post all updates below.
Just got a reply copied below
Thanks for reporting this issue. This is due to a recent Firefox upgrade. Our team is working on this and will release a new version to fix this compatibility issue asap.
Best regards, The Aniweather Team
hopefully they will sort it out for us!!