Profile bug? "unresponsive plugin" Shockwave (/questions/970014)
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 d900
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.199
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
There are less drastic ways of fixing a bad Profile, if that is your problem.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information.
Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Or you can create a new Profile and transfer specific files from the old Profile to minimize personal data loss.
Recovering important data from an old profile
Did either of these fix your problems? Please report back to us!