my homepage has a site that wont go away
I've deleted everything, I restarted my firefox and searched off everything in the forum but it didn't help. The hompage of my firfox won't change, even when I've tried other sites and the mozilla homepage. So I realy need some help!
This is the site that won't go away: http://start.qone8.com/?type=sc&ts=1381401547&from=vtt&uid=WDCXWD3200BEVT-22ZCT0_WD-WX50A99X5493X5493
I also disabeld every type of connection from 3th party's, so I don't know what's left to do.
Modified by justintaylor
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1996
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Unity Player 3.4.2f3
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.523
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
If you do not keep changes after a restart or otherwise have problems with preferences, see:
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
It didn't help, it's not spyware because it's a site for promotional use but the rest of things you said I tried.
I just found out it's also on my Internet Explorer so it must be something on my system.