after FF update the page setup is gone and back to default values
we use FF as default browser for our web application (desktop), delivering it as default browser on the hardware we deliver and as the advised web browser for desktops.
The very annoying thing is that after updates to newest versions (it lately happened with update to FF 24) the page settings are not kept.
Instead they are back to the default values as if it was a new installation. We use the page settings to have clean prints. That is: without disturbing headers and footers and with margins to 0 (zero).
I 've been searching for a while why this happens and could find a solution. As customers are vigorously complaining now, we have to reconsider our browser policy.
Additional System Details
- Nokia Suite Enabler Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.199
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
I think I have found the difference. I needed to look closer at the prefs file. Looks like the wording has changed for the printer prefs. After v24 it looks like user_pref("print.printer_PDFCreator.print_footercenter", "");
whereas before v24, it did not have the print. before printer_ which would cause it to lose its settings.