I can't access ftp anymore, why?
I recently updated my internet speed through Comcast. I can no longer access FTP to download digital audio files. I have upgraded my Java and installed it along with the add-on. I still cannot access FTP. My firewall is off.
Additional System Details
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
Thank you to all of you who have posted to help me. I am still unable to gain access to ftp://ftp.powweb.com. It only may be that we upgraded our cable modem and changed our address name, but I have been able to gain access to the internet on all our devices. FTP is the only thing I cannot access.
You can try to disable IPv6, also check other suggestions if this doesn't help.
You can try to reset (power off/on) the router.