When I open an email in Yahoo Mail using Firefox, any links and pics alongside those links no longer show. If I view the email in another browser IE for example they show. Anyone know if there is some setting I can change to be able to view these links again in Firefox?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window.
If images are missing then check that you aren't blocking images from some domains.
- Press the F10 key or tap the Alt key to bring up the hidden "Menu Bar" temporarily.
- Check the permissions for the domain in the currently selected tab in "Tools > Page Info > Permissions"
- Check "Tools > Page Info > Media" for blocked images
- Select the first image link and use the cursor Down key to scroll through the list.
- If an image in the list is grayed and "Block Images from..." has a check-mark then remove this check-mark to unblock images from this domain.
Make sure that you do not block (third-party) images, the permissions.default.image pref on the about:config page should be 1.
Make sure that you haven't enabled a High Contrast theme in the Windows/Mac Accessibility settings.
Make sure that you allow pages to choose their own colors.
- Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Colors : [X] "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above"
Note that these settings affect background images.
There are extensions like Adblock Plus (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) and security software (firewall, anti-virus) that can block images and other content.
Many thanks for your reply. I just checked my add ons and I did have an ad blocker which I disabled and then restarted Firefox and it seems to have done the trick!!
Thanks for your help!
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.