When I open an email in Yahoo Mail using Firefox, any links and pics alongside those links no longer show. If I view the email in another browser IE for example they show. Anyone know if there is some setting I can change to be able to view these links again in Firefox?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window.
If images are missing then check that you aren't blocking images from some domains.
- Press the F10 key or tap the Alt key to bring up the hidden "Menu Bar" temporarily.
- Check the permissions for the domain in the currently selected tab in "Tools > Page Info > Permissions"
- Check "Tools > Page Info > Media" for blocked images
- Select the first image link and use the cursor Down key to scroll through the list.
- If an image in the list is grayed and "Block Images from..." has a check-mark then remove this check-mark to unblock images from this domain.
Make sure that you do not block (third-party) images, the permissions.default.image pref on the about:config page should be 1.
Make sure that you haven't enabled a High Contrast theme in the Windows/Mac Accessibility settings.
Make sure that you allow pages to choose their own colors.
- Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Colors : [X] "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above"
Note that these settings affect background images.
There are extensions like Adblock Plus (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) and security software (firewall, anti-virus) that can block images and other content.
Many thanks for your reply. I just checked my add ons and I did have an ad blocker which I disabled and then restarted Firefox and it seems to have done the trick!!
Thanks for your help!