This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Sync tab does not appear in Options window.
The Sync tab does not show up when I go to Firefox->Options. If I start FF in safe mode, the Sync tab does appear as expected. If I start FF in normal mode with all my extensions disabled, plugins not activated, theme set to default, and hardware acceleration unchecked, the failure still occurs.
What is safe mode doing that I am not duplicating when I turn off all these options?
Any help to get my Sync options visible would be greatly appreciated. Or, do you think I can make my Sync work by setting up in Safe Mode and then running in standard mode?
All Replies (2)
You would need to uninstall, delete these folders, in your system.
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
NOTE: Your profile is not located in these folders, unless you check to do so, your bookmarks etc. will NOT be lost. Then reinstall from the Firefox download page.
Are there any errors about this issue in the Browser/Error Console (Firefox/Tools > Web Developer;Ctrl+Shift+J)?
In Firefox Safe mode these changes are effective:
- all extensions are disabled
- default theme is used (no persona)
- userChrome.css and userContent.css are ignored (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Editing_configuration)
- default toolbar layout is used (localstore-safe.rdf)
- hardware acceleration is disabled
- plugins are not affected
- preferences are not affected