the "show my windows and tabs from last time" brings up my home page instead
Configuring the option to "show my windows....." does not work no matter how I exit Firefox. I always get my home page when I reopen Firefox. The History menu item "Restore previous session" does work.
Windows 7, svc. pk. 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.04
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
Please see the How to fix preferences that won't save article, if you have not already.
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode (Never Remember History).
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
In case you are using "Clear history when Firefox closes":
- do not clear the Browsing History
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
Note that clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.