I only have one tab open but when I close firefox I get the notification that I am about to close 5 tabs. I can not see these other tabs.
First it started out as just 1 extra tab. Then it was 3 and now it's 5 tabs. But there is only one tab open and I checked for pinning and an extra window open.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
It's possible you have a second tab group. This article describes the concept: Use Tab Groups to organize a lot of tabs.
To work with the tab groups in the current window, press Ctrl+Shift+e or look for a menu button toward the far right end of the tab bar. If you find multiple tab groups, you should be able to drag all the tabs into a single group so you can work with that one group and see what is getting closed.
I don't use this feature myself, so if that doesn't work, hopefully another volunteer can provide a better set of steps.