Does Mozilla own the "Browse Fox" that has shown up on my PC?
On my PC's program list it show "Browse Fox 3.0.0 Is this program a part of Mozilla Firefox?
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/29.0.1547.66 Safari/537.36
Nope, maybe a third-party addon, not Mozilla's, if you are looking to remove it see the Disable or remove Add-ons article.
BrowseFox is in no way associated with Mozilla.
BrowseFox is spyware/malware installed on your system by freeware or shareware, peer-to-peer software, questionable websites, etc., and may have been downloaded by a site without user intervention or knowledge (aka drive-by download). You can search with you favorite search engine for references to it on the internet; search: browsefox
See the following article and post on one of the specialized malware removal forums shown in the article (if OSX user) or you can try to use several of the suggested free malware removal applications to clean your system (if Windows user).
- MAC users should also read this and the links within that post - http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=17524155&postcount=4
Modified by TheOldFox
If it is a program that shows in Control Panel > Programs then it might have come with another program or it might be malware hiding under that name.
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked