my browser was very slow I read that to solve this problem is to use " reset firefox" when I did, I found out that all of my add-ones are gone. so I need to recover my lost add-ones. or at least recover my bookmark from dial-pad add-one
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Sorry but yes that is one of the purposes of the reset it removes extensions, because they could be the source of problems.
- An article about reset, with a warning Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings
- It would have been good had you bookmarked all the home sites of the extensions; assuming Firefox was working prior to the reset.But horses bolting !
- No doubt you remember the extension name or function so search the addons site,and click to install when you find them
- As a last resort you could, temporarily reinstall the old profile as an additional profile but that is best avoided.
When you reset Firefox then a new profile is created and some personal data (bookmarks, history, cookies, passwords, form data) is automatically imported and the current profile folder will be moved to the desktop (Old Firefox Data). You will lose extensions and other customizations (toolbars, prefs) that you've made.
It is possible to recover more data from the old profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over the problem.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.