I have a blind friend that is looking into using Firefox. I sent him this page
He was asking if there were any commands for:
"select to beginning of line," "select to end of line," "select to top of page," or "select to bottom of page." ?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Using the Shift key should do this if I understand the request correctly.
- Shift + Home: select from the current cursor position to the begin of line
- Shift + End
- Ctrl + Shift + Home
- Ctrl + Shift + End
There are also many other add-ons that you can download to help your friend browse using Firefox.
I am looking for a way to shift a keyboard layout from right to left. I found a similar discussion which says it will be only possible if one can edit the entire keyboard layout. Is there any other way - http://forums.techarena.in/windows-software/1472841.htm
There are alternatives for copy/paste and cut that use the Insert and Delete keys that you can consider.
- Copy: Ctrl+C or Ctrl+Insert (Mac: Command + C)
- Paste: Ctrl+V or Shift+Insert (Mac: Command + V)
- Cut: Ctrl+X or Shift+Delete (Mac: Command + X)
- March 21, the site will be in read only mode for 4 hours for a maintenance. If you are trying to ask a question and an article does not solve your issue, please find one of our partner sites for more help: @firefox, /r/firefox on reddit, and Mozillazine.org, we will have community standing by. Or live on our IRC channel - https://client02.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.mozilla.org channel #sumo