The subscription page for techrepublic.com has several hyperlinks for accessing various newsletters. I cannot open the hyperlinks for each topic. Internet Explorer, however, had no problem opening them at all. I've gone to Tools|Options and allowed cookies, allowed popups for this site but still cannot open the hyperlinks. I've also disabled Norton Internet Security firewall. I don't know what else to do! I need this page, so I'll probably go to IE as my default browser if this is solved soon.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Also attempt to bypass the cache.
- Hold down the Shift key and click the Reload button with a left click.
- Press Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Shift + R (Windows and Linux)
- Press Command + Shift + R (Mac)
Thanks a million! I first started Firefox in Safe Mode and then did not have the problem. I then jumped ahead and disabled all extensions, but that didn't help at all. So I re-enabled them, and then reset Firefox. Voila! I can now open the hyperlinks on that one particular url. I wonder, though, why my password manager, Dashlane, did not offer to fill in my username and password when I had to login to mozilla...
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.