I am trying to listen to a radio station online and it won't allow me to. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8. It did work with Firefox on Windows 7 and it does work with Internet Explorer on Windows 8, but it does not work with Firefox on Windows 8. Please advise on what steps I need to take in order for it to work. Thank you!
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Is there a public URL -- a page where someone could look at which player the page wants to use without having to have a login?
I restarted Firefox in safe mode, and I am assuming I am using the default theme, as I didn't even know I could change the theme, and I'm still unable to play the radio station. :(
Reload the webpage while bypassing the cache using one of the following steps:
- Hold down the Shift key and click the Reload button with a left click.
- Press Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Shift + R (Windows and Linux)
- Press Command + Shift + R (Mac)
Let us know if this solves the issues you are having.
That worked! :) Do you know what I need to do in order to not have to do that every time?
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.