How do I stop FireFox from doing an auto update
I am running Linux Mint 15 and FireFox 23. When I click on preferences > advanced > update there are no checkboxs for how I want FireFox updated. I don't want anyone installing on my system without my knowledge. Where has this option been moved?
Additional System Details
- The IcedTea-Web Plugin executes Java applets.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- The Videos 3.6.3 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
hello, on many linux distros the autmoatic updates are not handled by firefox itself but by the packet manager of the operating system. please look there for the corresponding settings...