Firefox is crashing every time I go to wikipedia.org and it still happens in Safe Mode, with Hardware Accel off and after a Reset.
It ties up an entire core and doesn't generate a crash report. Tested in 23.0.1 and 24beta
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Unity Player 4.1.2f1
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
On further testing, the page "en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page" will load fine, but loading "www.wikipedia.org/" or "wikipedia.org/" will crash. Searching wikipedia from the firefox search-bar will crash as will searching using the form on Main_Page.
Did you check for issues caused by plugins?
In Firefox Safe mode these changes are effective:
- all extensions are disabled
- the default theme is used (no persona)
- userChrome.css and userContent.css are ignored
- the default toolbar layout is used (localstore-safe.rdf)
- hardware acceleration is disabled
- plugins are not affected
- preferences are not affected
The crash persists in safe mode, after a reset, and with all plugins disabled.