Combining history, .html files, and sorting
Is there a way to create something comparable to a bookmarklet (as described in /questions/956384) for browsing history and if so, how?
Also, would any of the history be lost (as mentioned by John99 in connection with /questions/956552)?
Modified by cor-el
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 d800
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides communication between running browsers and Sheep Systems bookmarks management applications.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Picasa plugin.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
Sorry, there isn't an option to export browsing history to an HTML file as with bookmarks. History was never stored in an HTML file, so that's why that option isn't available for history. And the old RDF history format (pre- Firefox 3.0 versions) had few other uses beyond data storage and has seemed to quickly fall by the wayside as far as the number of files in Firefox that use RDF format files any longer. Plus browsing history isn't considered nearly as important as bookmarks.
Wait and see what other support helpers can come up with as far as ideas, but it may take a few days for getting usable ideas.
I added an additional "tag" - history - to this thread, which might help others to find and respond to your query.