How to eliminate tab bar
When I upgraded from Firefox v22 for Mac to v23, the tab bar started appearing ON EVERY PAGE automatically, even when I don't have multiple tabs open. How do you get rid of the tab bar? I don't use tabs at all and prefer to open different windows rather than tabs. Thank you.
hello, apparently this option has been removed intentionally in preparation for a redesign of the browser which will land in firefox later this year. you can use the following extension to work around the issue though: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/hide-tab-bar-with-one-tab/Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.7
- Office Live Update v1.0
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- DivX Content Upload Plug-In: Uploads DivX video in your browser!
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
hello, apparently this option has been removed intentionally in preparation for a redesign of the browser which will land in firefox later this year. you can use the following extension to work around the issue though: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/hide-tab-bar-with-one-tab/
- Hide Tab Bar With One Tab: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/hide-tab-bar-with-one-tab/
In Firefox 23, as part of an effort to simplify the Firefox options set and facilitate future improvements to Firefox, the option to hide the tab bar was removed.
Fortunately, this can easily be resolved if you desire the keep tabs hidden. You can install "Hide tab bar with one tab", an extension hosted on Mozilla's add-ons site, which will restore the ability to hide the tab bar.
Thank you and I hope this helps!