I have updated the index.html file of my website and in other browsers my newly updated website is showing up without doing anything to other browsers such as Safari but in firefox the old website is still showing up???
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
in firefox my newly updated website is not showing up, that's what I meant to say actually. Thanks
The first step of fixing site issues is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
I personally think that a web browser must be able to detect the update of the any website. The each and every user cannot remember these keys to press every time to see the updated version of webpage.
Don't you think so? Thanks for the help though.
I really appreciate that.