In the past week, perhaps since I downloaded a new Firefox update my cookies are getting deleted every time I close or restart Firefox. I have cleared the cache and my tracking setting is at "Do not tell sites anything about my tracking" although I have also tried the other tracking settings as well. I have "accept cookies from sites" checked although I have "accept third-party cookies" on Never. I have "Keep Unti"l at "they expire" I have removed all extensions. This just suddenly started happening about a week ago although I can't recall changing any settings or installing any other software. The problem only seems to affect Firefox as Safari still remembers my online IDs etc. Is there a bug in the most recent Firefox update for Mac desktops?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thank you, this seems to have solved my problem . Really appreciate the fast answer.
Note that this can be caused by a corrupted cookies.sqlite file.
If it happens again then try to rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete other present cookie files like cookies.sqlite-journal in the Firefox profile folder in case the file cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.