block unsolicited ad banner behind home page
Evidently a banner "Theme missing? Click "Theme Help" at: www.personasInteractive.com" rode into my Firefox settings on the back of a site I visited. I think it happened when I made the mistake of downloading a video helper attempting to resolve an issue with YouTube video errors. I uninstalled that application and is still appears as VisualBee. Perhaps that is the malware that I thought I uninstalled.
Thank you for your consideration.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- Nitro PDF plugin for Firefox and Chrome
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Picasa plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!