The Tabs group button is on the tool bar but is completely unresponsive. I can't open tab groups or create new tab groups. The problem is new with FF 22. I haven't found any other posts that address this.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Safe mode appeared to make no difference in solving the problem. I still could not access tab groups, although the button seemed to be responsive (it appeared to be "depressed" when clicked - versus no discernible response). While in safe mode, I looked at the dates for all new add-ins and plugins. I installed Session Manager 07.17.2013, so I knew the problem predated that time. The extension that I added immediately preceding that date was "Google Search by Image" (on 07.16.2013). I opened FF (in regular mode) and disabled only that extension - restarted - no change. I restarted FF (in regular mode) to change a different extension, & it was fixed! Initially, FF showed zero tabs from before, but now they've shown up. Short version - I'm clueless as to what fixed this. Any insights? BTW, Colorful Tabs isn't working right either, but I can live with this for now - need to get back to running biz.
Try troubleshooting the localstore.rdf file, more below.
I've accessed the article, but I'll need to get back to you on this. Thanks so much for your reply!
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.