Hey. Have really no idea what kind of problem that is. There are some video services which just stopped workin in my Firefox 22. It could be a issue with some sort of addon (is there a way to give you a plugin list?). I just get a black window on videos i get from for example twitch.tv, moviepilot.de. Youtube works without problems. They work on other browers like opera. Flash, Quicktime, Java are installed with their current version. Is there any other video-player-stream-thing I missed out?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
If you use extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) like Adblock Plus or NoScript or Ghostery that can block content then make sure that such extensions aren't blocking content.
got adblock and ghostery but it doesnt work although both are disabled.
Did you try Safe Mode?
yep, that seems to work with safemode. so guess its a plugin problem? gonna try to reenable plugin by plugin and check which one it is.
No, plugins are not affected by Safe Mode
In Firefox Safe mode these changes are effective:
- all extensions are disabled
- the default theme is used (no persona)
- userChrome.css and userContent.css are ignored
- the default toolbar layout is used (localstore-safe.rdf)
- hardware acceleration is disabled
- plugins are not affected
- preferences are not affected
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.