This is disabled as an extension but how do I delete it?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
You should uninstall it from your computer completely and then run some antivirus / malware scans:
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
- SuperAntispyware: http://www.superantispyware.com/
- Microsoft Safety Scanner: http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx
- Windows Defender: Home Page: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx
- Spybot Search & Destroy: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
- AdwCleaner: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/ http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Removal-Tools/AdwCleaner.shtml
- Kasperky Free Security Scan: http://www.kaspersky.com/security-scan
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller: http://support.kaspersky.com/5350?el=88446
Many thanks for the fast response and effective solution.