This is disabled as an extension but how do I delete it?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
You should uninstall it from your computer completely and then run some antivirus / malware scans:
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
- SuperAntispyware: http://www.superantispyware.com/
- Microsoft Safety Scanner: http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx
- Windows Defender: Home Page: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx
- Spybot Search & Destroy: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
- AdwCleaner: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/ http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Removal-Tools/AdwCleaner.shtml
- Kasperky Free Security Scan: http://www.kaspersky.com/security-scan
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller: http://support.kaspersky.com/5350?el=88446
Many thanks for the fast response and effective solution.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.