HOW DO I TURN OFF SAFE READING MODE
I CANNOT ACCESS A WEB ADDRESS FOR CVSCAREMARK. IT SAYS I MUST TURN OFF SAFE READING MODE.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
1. You are using an older version of Firefox, you should update to the latest release - Firefox 22.0.
Help > About Firefox and use the Check for Updates button, if the update doesn't happen automatically.
2. Exactly what did that message say? There is no "safe reading mode" in Firefox.
NO. IT SAID IT WAS IN SAFE READING MODE AND WOULD NOT TAKE ME TO THE SITE
Can you send a screen shot?
Make sure that you aren't blocking cookies.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
Clear the cache and the cookies from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Modified by cor-el
DON'T KNOW WHAT U MEAN