I cannot print from a popup tab window when selecting to do so from a websites inventory page using a dymo 450 turbo, my popup feature is not blocked
I am able to print from the Dymo software direct and also print the Scanpower webpage by selecting "file", "print" (albeit it takes 4 labels to print the page). However, I cannot print the barcode popup tab window that popups when I select the "print label" button from the Scanpower webpage.
I am using an iMac (Mac OS 10.8.4) and my browser is Firefox v. 22.
Any ideas? I was thinking perhaps there are settings I am overlooking in Firefox that will allow the printing.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- DYMO Label NPAPI Plug-in
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.18.9 http://www.musicnotes.com
- Adobe Acrobat and Reader Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 7.0.9
- Simplifies the uploading of photo files.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
Is the pop-up page a regular web page or is it a PDF?
If it's a regular web page, you can use a keyboard shortcut to call up the regular print dialog. Try Command+p for Mac (Ctrl+p on Windows).
If it's a PDF, and it's showing using the built-in viewer, then there should be a bar above the text with a printer icon.
If it's a PDF and you are using a different viewer, you might need to find out how to trigger that viewer's own print dialog (for Adobe, pressing the Esc key or mousing toward the bottom of the document should show a toolbar with a print icon).
Does any of that help?
Its a html page not a PDF and please excuse my wordiness in my earlier post. The print feature is available and not hidden, however, it is not printing/working when attempting to print from the popup tab window.
In the effort to eliminate possible issues, I used Safari for this page and it worked. I believe there may be a coding issue between Scanpower's web based software and Firefox's v. 22 regarding this issue.
Thanks for the effort! NettGenie.
I'm not familiar with ScanPower, so I don't have any insight on whether it claims Firefox compatibility. Is there a public site that demonstrates this problem or is it only local to your PC/network?