Problem with my Firefox browser - when I log off, it takes me back to the last search I did on the net with GOOGLE, even though WWW.google.com is my default page. What should I do?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Normally, Firefox will start up following the directions on this tab:
orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Options > General > "When Firefox starts"
However, if Firefox detects that it crashed (did not shut down normally) it will instead try to restore your previous windows and tabs. Does that seem to be what's happening?
If Firefox is restoring your session because it think that it has crashed, you can disable this by following the steps below:
- Go to about:config on Firefox
- Find the browser.sessionstore.resume-from-crash setting
- Can the value from true to false
You can check if you have an user.js file in the Firefox profile folder that sets the browser.sessionstore.resume_session_once pref to true.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.