Problem with my Firefox brower - when I log off, it takes me back to the last search I did on the net with GOOGLE, even though google.com is my default page.
Problem with my Firefox browser - when I log off, it takes me back to the last search I did on the net with GOOGLE, even though WWW.google.com is my default page. What should I do?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Version 22.214.171.12431
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- Logitech Device Detection
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Lync Web App Plug-in
- Microsoft Lync Web App Version Checker
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
Normally, Firefox will start up following the directions on this tab:
orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Options > General > "When Firefox starts"
However, if Firefox detects that it crashed (did not shut down normally) it will instead try to restore your previous windows and tabs. Does that seem to be what's happening?
If Firefox is restoring your session because it think that it has crashed, you can disable this by following the steps below:
- Go to about:config on Firefox
- Find the browser.sessionstore.resume-from-crash setting
- Can the value from true to false
You can check if you have an user.js file in the Firefox profile folder that sets the browser.sessionstore.resume_session_once pref to true.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)